Like the college, the campus newspapers name has changed through the years
- The first campus newspaper, The Student Rays, were published irregularly from 1905-1933
- The paper was renamed as The Purple Flash, published from 1934-1937
- The Viking Flash became the student paper for the brief period of 1937-1938
- Renamed, The Viking Scroll was published from 1939-1973
- "Viking" was dropped in 1973 and it became The Scroll
- At the beginning of 2019, The Scroll went to a solely digital format
Each issue includes student publications on various subjects such as domestic science, religion, and local issues. Later editions included photographs of students, faculty, and events. Print editions of the Ricks College/BYU Idaho Scrolls from 1905 to the present have been digitized and are available online.
A version of the current edition is available online at the Scroll’s official website.