The Spirit of Ricks
A History of Ricks College
By David L. Crowder
In the Spirit of Ricks, David Crowder describes the first 110 years of the college’s history. Detailing the founding, struggles, and growth, the book tells the story of how the college grew to become what it is today. Crowder tells this history through thirteen administrations, from Jacob Spori in 1888 to Steven Bennion in 1997.
- "Happy Ties"
- "Alma Mater, We All Love Thee," Progressive Dalby
- Patriotism Practiced - World War I
- "Ricksie" Drops "Normal"
- The Church School in Idaho -- Will It Last?
- Let's Give Ricks to the State
- Let's Not Give Ricks Away
- World War II and the Manwaring-Clarke Transition
- "Lambing Sheds" for a Four-Year College
- "The College on the Hill"
- Junior College Again! In Idaho Falls?
- Can't Get Ricks Through the Rigby Underpass
- New Buildings! New Status?
- John L. Clarke, Symbol of the "Spirit of Ricks"
- Henry B. Eyring, a New Dimension
- Eyring, the Bicentennial, and the Great Flood
- Bruce C. Hafen, Multi-talented Lawyer Comes to Ricks
- Hafen Refines the Mission of Ricks
- Joe J. Christensen Conducts College Centennial
- Steven D. Bennion Prepares Ricks for Twenty-First Century